Welcome doctoral candidate women!
Founder Region Fellowship offers grants to women
- enrolled in graduate schools within the boundaries of Founder Region
- who have advanced to candidacy
- who are entering into the last year of their doctoral programs
- Competition is open to any outstanding graduate woman who is working toward a doctoral degree, preferably in the last year of study but permissibly during the last two years provided she has advanced to candidacy.
- International students are encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a graduate school within Founder Region; including the Northern California counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, Solano, Sonoma; the State of Hawaii; the U. S. Territories of Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands; the Republic of Palau.
- Candidates must complete the online application and upload all supporting materials.
- Candidates considered for final selection must appear for a personal interview on one of the applicable dates below.
- Application - completed online
- Estimated Monthly Expenses and Income for the Fiscal Year (July 1 - June 30)
- Autobiographical Statement (include family background, extracurricular activities, hobbies, interests, volunteer work, mentoring experience, plans after graduation)
- Non-technical Summary of Dissertation/Project
- Official Statement from University/College of your advancement in the doctoral program
- Transcripts of all graduate work completed
- Proof of current registration
- Two recommendations from a professor or academic advisor
How to apply
- Application process is done completely online through a grant management system as of 2023.
- Students will create an account giving them access to the application & tasks.
- All supporting documents can be uploaded through the student portal.
- References will be automatically emailed to complete their portion online.
- Apply through Community Force Portal below.
Application portal is not yet open for 2023.
- Deadline to complete online application and upload all supporting documents is January 10 of each year.
Dates for personal interviews
- Hawaii Interviews: March 3 & 4, 2023
- California Interviews: March 10 & 11, 2023
- Candidates abroad on these dates may be accommodated for their interview via Zoom video conferencing.
- The awards are announced and formally presented at the Annual Founder Region Conference on the second weekend in May (except on Mother's Day weekend).
- The Fellowship Program occurs on that Friday night before the second weekend in May.
2022 Informational meetings:
Join us on Zoom to learn about Founder Region Fellowship and how to apply for our grants.
Two opportunities to attend:
Two opportunities to attend:
- Monday, November 21, 2022 at 6:00pm (PST)
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 3:00PM (PST)
Please register in advance of the meeting you wish to attend. For more information, contact President Kris Chorbi at 2022.2024Fellowship@gmail.com